Sunday, February 17, 2013

In My Mailbox



This meme was created by The Story Siren.


I bought (Paperback):





I can't wait to read it! :-)


For review (from the author):

ebooks




From Goodreads:

Valentine’s Day.


And my 21st birthday.

Whoop-de-doo.

Just another college day full of classes and more homework than is humanly possible.

…until Jason, my best-friend-since-kindergarten, shows up to take me out for the day.

Like old times: the two of us on a wacky adventure, playing hooky from real life. With his lopsided grin and tickets to a circus full of misfits and monsters, he introduces me to a whole new world—one full of magic and mystery—and turns my reality upside down.

Except nothing goes as planned, and we end up running through the city to find a missing siren before someone brews a love potion with her blood.

Sirens and love potions, witches and elves, and Valentine kisses. Nothing will be the same for me again




From Goodreads:

Valkyrie-in-training Bryn Halbrook just can't catch a break. With her boyfriend stuck in Hel and the taunting laughter of Loki still ringing in her ears, she struggles to concentrate on her training and duties in Odin's realm. The last thing she expects or wants is more adventure—but then treachery, a shocking abduction and a chilling discovery send her forth on another perilous, globe-hopping mission.


As the ultimate battle, Ragnarok, draws closer, it's a race against time for Bryn, Fenrir and their team to discover who kidnapped her foster brother from the halls of Asgard and what's causing the mysterious deaths of so many of Odin's chosen warriors.

In the exciting sequel to DEAD RADIANCE, Bryn encounters dwarfs and dragons, new friends and old foes—but worst enemy of all may be the person she trusts most!

This is the second book in the series. I really liked the first one so I'm excited to read this one as well!


Paperback




From Goodreads:

When you choose your friends, you also choose your enemies.


Seventeen-year old Dee wants nothing more than to help her twin brother, Dum, break free from the trauma in their childhood and speak again, but the only person who can help Dum is the alpha empath, Danyael Sabre, whom the U.S. government considers a terrorist and traitor.

The search for Danyael will lead Dee and Dum from the sheltered protection of the Mutant Affairs Council and into the violent, gang-controlled heart of Anacostia. Ensnared by Danyael’s complicated network of friends and enemies, Dee makes her stand in a political and social war that she is ill equipped to fight. What can one human, armed only with her wits and pepper spray, do against the super-powered mutants who dominate the Genetic Revolution?

America, nevertheless, is ripe for change. Exhausted by decades of belligerence between humans and their genetic derivatives, the clones, in vitros, and mutants, society is on the verge of falling apart or growing up. Which path will it choose, and can a mere human, her sassy attitude and smart mouth notwithstanding, light the way to a better future?

In her quest to help her brother become normal, Dee will learn what it means to be extraordinary. When the silence ends, the celebration of life, love, joy, and hope will inspire feet to dance and hearts to sing.


Have you read any of these or did you receive any new books lately?


Thank you for commenting! Don't forget to enter the Comment Incentive Giveaway. The link can be found at the top of the page!

11 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those, dead radiance really interest me and i have it on my wishlist ( need to se if i added it on the internet list yet or if it's only on the post it on my desk but it's on one of my list^^)
    house rules is on my list from assoon as i learned the titles^^

    i did receive books i've won... one took a really long time because surprisingly it was missent to bermuda^^;; but i got it and that's the most important ^^

    need to go to read soon^^ i hope you will enjoy those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have books waiting on me too. :-)

      Dead Radiance was really good and you will undoubtedly enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. House Rules is waiting on my TBR and the Dead Embers cover grabs my attention. Haven't read or heard of any of the others.

    Just finished Seduced by Pain (the second in the trilogy) by Kimberly Kinrade. I highly recommend them. They are a new adult series.

    I'm currently reading Something Wicked This Way Comes Volume 1. I'm trying to decide what to read next, SO many to choose from. Probably will read The Warlock King by Heather Killough-Walden next. It released Valentine's day and I've been waiting for it for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dead Embers is the 2nd book in the series. The 1st book is Dead Radiance. It was very good. I reviewed it awhile ago.

      I have the Kimberly K books on my TBR list but haven't gotten there yet. :-)

      Delete
    2. The first book is currently free on Amazon.

      http://www.amazon.com/Seduced-Innocence-Paranormal-Shifters-ebook/dp/B00B751B6E/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1361158361&sr=8-9&keywords=Kinrade

      In case you haven't gotten it yet.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these, but I really want to read House Rules. I've won a couple of books very recently, and since ARE had a huge Valentines sale, I bought a bunch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I really want to read Playing Hooky! I read an excerpt of it and have it on my TBR list! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!
    Looks like you got some wonderful reading ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same. Believe it or not, the author seen it on my Goodreads wishlist and asked if I would like to review it! Who knew they paid attention to those?

      I'll be sure to let you know when I'm done reading it. :-)

      Delete
  5. +JMJ+

    I haven't read any of them, but Playing Hooky sounds kind of fun. =) I like the hint that we'll see a best friends dynamic before we see a lovers dynamic.

    ReplyDelete